Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Just setting up new Vizio 4K UltraHD ...all connections in

Customer Question

Just setting up new Vizio 4K UltraHD ...all connections in order, plugged into cable box and HDMI to TV, went through menu and updates getting signal saying "no signal cable box" ...why no signal?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What input did you use? You need to use the input function on the vizio remote to get to the proper selection, such as hdmi1 or hdmi2 for example. It may not be set to the right input, which will cause this issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are using the HDMI directed by Vizio Instructions for source devices
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

My point is that there is more than one hdmi input. They are all labeled, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, etc.

You need to note which one you actually plugged the cable box in to, and then choose that corresponding input mode from the input list.

If you plugged to hdmi2, then you have to pick hdmi2 from the list, or it won't work.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.