Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 2011 47" XVT473SV TV. The VIZIO LOGO light a the

Customer Question

I have a 2011 47" XVT473SV TV. The VIZIO LOGO light a the center of the bottom bezel continually blinks at different rates and the TV will not turn on. Our other TV is working fine. Our provider is DirectTV through a satellite dish. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: VIZIO 2011 model XVT473SV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No menu. TV does not turn on. Only VIZIO Logo light blinks.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A few days. After the first day the TV worked for a couple of hours and then the same thing happened again and it has been the same the last couple of days. Nothing unusual happened before this started.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: Not off hand. I've checked all connections. They are good.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you planning to be there any time soon? It would be best if you can reply back here when you are able to actually try things with me here.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.

I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.

In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
Hello, It appears Mike had another job to run to so I'll be helping you. Send a reply back when you're able to be with the TV and we can proceed.