Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It's having the turning off and on by itself issue. After

Customer Question

it's having the turning off and on by itself issue. After reviewing websites, we checked the capacitors, but they all appear fine. Any other ideas on what we can do? The TV is a used gift from a friend so I'm sure there is no warranty available.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Not sure about the age, but model# ***** Version HS01
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I got the menu using the manual button on the back to try a software update, but it started turning on and off again before I could get there. We only have our router and cable plugged in so I'm not sure what you mean by other sources/inputs?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was already an issue when we got it, but we replaced the power cord and it worked perfectly for about a week. Last night it started again and hasn't stopped. I even unplugged the power, took the batteries out the remote, and left it that way for several minutes. When I plugged the power back in, it started turning on/off again and I couldn't get it to stop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware, I'm completely new to the tv so don't know all the things that could go wrong
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I don't see an arrow
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, most of the time the main board of TV found bad for this symptom and replacement of main board will fix the problem. Main board is green color board where video/ HDMI inputs are located.

Please get the part number off of label pasted on main board to search/ google to get replacement board price info if you have plan to do it yourself. Please click following link to view main board image that will help you to locate it in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-06739f-main-board-for-un75f6300afxza.htm

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for those options. I'll work on the main board replacement. Is this something that I can purchase from a parts store or do I have to buy on-line?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Please get the part number off of main board installed in TV (part number would be like BN94-06739F etc) and search/ google it to get list of supplier that will help to have better price and order it online. Not sure if its available in local parts store.

Thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?