TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

37.5" sound bar is on. No sound, It worked before.

Customer Question
37.5" sound bar is on...
37.5" sound bar is on. No sound
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It worked before. Intermittent
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Element 23.6" HD digital led
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has happened since I bought it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can they call me?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
7/22/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of both the tv and the soundbar? What connection are you using between them?

Tv is D7B2MDBOE24005144
Sound bar RTG.12A281694
Optical
One month old. Both
Where are you? I got no response

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Please recheck your in formation though, none of what you sent is valid. Those may be serial numbers or other parts like a power cord, but are not models.

In the meantime, please check the INPUT setting on the soundbar, by pressing the input button repeatedly, until it gets to the optical mode to make sure it is correctly set there and let me know if that makes a difference.

Model tv ELEFW248E17084-BO
Sound bar RTS7010B

In the meantime, please check the INPUT setting on the soundbar, by pressing the SOURCE UP/DOWN buttons repeatedly, until it gets to the optical mode to make sure it is correctly set there and let me know if that makes a difference.

No. Tried all of that

Can you bypass the tv, temporarily, and connect the sound bar directly (via optical or red/white) to your cable/satellite box and see if it works that way?

Still no sound.
Crappy sound bar, I think.

Thank you for checking,

that does mean that the soundbar has an internal defect, which is a hardware failure.

Your assessment is correct, RCA is one of the lowest quality electronics manufacturers out there, and seeing their products last such a short time is normal and expected. There are no parts available and they cannot be repaired. It is also nearly impossible to get warranty or customer service from them.

If possible your best recourse is to return it to the store where you bought it and get your money back and buy a new soundbar from a more reputable manufacturer. I can help with some recommendations for that, if needed.

My apologies for the news,

Recommendation? Thanks.

I would recommend a panasonic, lg, or samsung product, like this one for example that you can get inexpensively on amazon: http://amzn.to/2eEdvq6

It may be double the price of what you paid for the rca, but they have a much longer service life. The "junk" brands like rca, insgnia, vizio, element, etc will all continue to have the same issues sooner than later, so you really get what you pay for with them. It is worth paying a bit more up front to get something that will last for 5 years instead of a year.

You may want to consider trying to return the tv if possible and upgrading it to a more reputable brand as well, as those element sets are known for having the same quality problems and failing at right about the 1 year mark.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer