Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung TV that I can't pare with the hand control

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV that I can't pare with the hand control from out local cable provider's hand control. Can you halp me identify the number I need to insert into the hand control ?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I spent over an hour yesterday with the Spectrum technical support and we were unable to match the or find the samsung number. the Tv is roughly
six or eight years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have to use the TV hand control to get sound but the rest works some times. The CS tech would have me try different imputs to make the match but he could not find the magic number to put into the Spectrum hand control match with HDMI 1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had this TV on Dish but it was to complicated for my wife to use. Our homeowners has basic TV and HBO as part of our monthly dues. Ihave bee trying to get this TV to work with the box Spectrrum provided
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Just how do I find the magis number for my TV that the cable box need to match the Spectrun hand control with HDMI 1 on the TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?