Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung flat screen TV - and experience resonance

Customer Question

I have a Samsung flat screen TV - and experience resonance in voice and music . It gets worse as volume is increased. I have two other Samsung sets that do not have this problem.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: The set is appx 6 years old. It is the newer of the 3 sets. Yes I have unplugged it several times. Also have had a Comcast tech check the wiring and the cable boxes with no positive result
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The set works fine except for the resonance. When the voices and music are elevated at the source the problem is severe
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started about a two months ago. It began when I subscribed to Netflix. I hought that may be the problem because I noticed it first on their programs. However it is on all programs now.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I don,t think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?