Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have a Samsung with smart hub, and Direct TV. Usually we

Customer Question

We have a Samsung with smart hub, and Direct TV. Usually we use the Direct TV remote to turn on/off and control volume and channels. But tonight, our son accidentally turned the TV off with the Samsung remote, and now we cant get a signal.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's about 5 years old, and maybe I'll try that. Would that be your recommendation Pearl?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, I can get a menu via the Samsung remote.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened tonight when he turned the tv off using the wrong remote.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?