Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My jvc signature smart tv is showing a blank screen after I

Customer Question

My jvc signature smart tv is showing a blank screen after I did a default settings reset. The red light is coming on when it's plugged in indicating that it is powered but when I turn it on the screen is blank and the red light turns off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: They tv is about 7 months old and it is the lt-55kc76
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I do not understand what you mean
JA: I hope not.
Customer: it was working fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: netflix was giving a bit of trouble
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this happened 20 minutes ago
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you see the JVC menu screens?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No nothing is showing on the screen
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for checking.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand even at this age.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; the only bit of good news here is that at 7 months it should be under the factory warrnaty and JVC would cover the cost of repairs if you take it in to a local repair shop.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I did receive your phone call request, but I'm not seeing a contact number, can you send a number where I may reach you?
I know it may be late there so if you'd prefer to pick this up in the morning thats ok too.