TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to hook up to the internet and can't do it.I…

I am trying to...

I am trying to hook up to the internet and can't do it.I have a new router

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

M055502v

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu is working.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?

Not that I know of, trying to hookup for Amazon firestick installation

7/21/2017
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

If you have a Fire Stick, it is the Fire Stick and not the TV that needs to be connected to your router.

Plug in the Fire Stick and follow the instructions to connect to your WIFi.

Give it a try and let me know if you get stuck.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still telling me unable to connect

I can't call you from my current location. I am sorry.

What is telling you you can't connect? The Fire Stick?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm at Test Connection, it says connected with great signal strength but download not available

Ok, again, you need to connect the Fire Stick to WiFi for it to work. Connecting the TV to WiFi is something you can do later.

If you want to use your Fire Stick, you need to connect IT to the WiFi.

Plug in the Stick, adjust the input so that you can see the Stick's home page and then connect it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've done that and homepage says home is currently unavailable go to network settings

That is the homepage of the TV.

You need to change the input with the TV remote so that you are looking at the FireStick home page.

Steve G., Technician
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started