TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG tv is a year old and no updates are available and all…

My LG tv is a...
My LG tv is a year old and no updates are available and all of my apps have been uninstalled a few minutes ago because none of them would work. No Netflix, vudu or youtube. And now the lg content store says content unavailable and no content. Help!
7/21/2017
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

Can you give me the full model number of the TV please?

Let me know and I will try and help.

Steve

Yes, I see the attachment. Please give me a few minutes to research.

I'll be back.

Hi there. There is an update from May of 2017 (two months ago). You can find it on THIS PAGE.

Have you tried installing that file?

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all the troubleshooting that had been mentioned. Including checking all the updates and removing apps, etc. all up to date and no apps and no context in the store. Can't reset to factory default because the pin isn't correct.

Ok, so the software on your TV is version 4.31.10?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm trying to reset it to factory settings now.

Let me check to see if there is a default master passcode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I figured it out. Resetting the settings now.

Ok. The manual is pretty useless.

Do a reset and see what happens. I'll be here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
far so good. And yes it is. One of the apps is back. I got it. Start with updates and then reset.

Yes. You will need to connect to WiFi.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already have done all that. I'm fine. Got it working. Just reinstalling apps and all the email addresses and pass codes

Ok. I'll be here if you need further help until 5PM EST.

Good luck.

Steve

Steve G., Technician