TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio XVT553SV with an Vizio light that illuminates…

I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio XVT553SV with an amber Vizio light that illuminates on the front when plugged into the wall. It never flickers, but will not turn white when the power switch is pressed. Have performed a hard reset. Have the back of the TV off and have measured 5VDC on some pins out of the power board.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Six years old. Model: XVT553SV

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No screen. No sound. No backlight.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It had been on for about 15 minutes when it turned off by itself. No lightning or power outages lately.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

These are the voltage readings out of the power board that I've made: CN201 1, 2, 3 = 0. CN201 4,5 = 5VDC. CN202 1, 2, 3 = 5V. CN202 4-14 = 0. CN202 1-4 = 0.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Made a few more measurements. On the Main Board, part 3655-0122-0150 made the following measurements relative to chassis ground: J2: pins 1, 2, and 3 = 5VDC. J2: pins 4-14 ~ 0 VDC. J20: pins 1-4 = 0 VDC. J4: pins 1-4 = 0 VDC. On the T-Con board, part 3655-004200147 (4C) took these measurements: CN4: pins 1, 2, and 3 = 0 VDC. CN4: pins 4-5 = 5 VDC.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The power board part number is *****
7/20/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What volt readings you get on pin-11 (Remote On-Off) of CN202 connector of power supply board while pressing power button on TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me check

Sure, take your time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
0.002 when I press the on/off button and 0.002 when I release the on/off button.

Thanks for the info, this shows main board of TV isn't booting up due to internal failure thus no power up command at pin-11 available to turn On the rest of the TV. Replacement of main board in TV is needed at this point to fix the problem.

Please click following link to view main board image and part number info.. Vizio 3655-0122-0150 (0171-2272-3237) Main Board

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3655-0122-0150-main-board-for-xvt553sv.htm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I see several vendors who claim that they can repair the main board. I'll turn to them next

Yes, that is an option to send the main board for repair to any vendor.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see that ShopJimmy has bad odds of getting this board back in stock.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You're welcome, please use the main board part number to search/ google to see the price info that will help to make decision either get a new board or send this one for repair.

Thanks and wish you the best~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for the prompt diagnosis.

Much welcome!

I found a repair facility and confirmed the diagnostic steps with them. Upon receipt of the Main Board, however, they found that it was working properly. They said that with these symptoms, it is usually the Main Board that's defective, but not in this case. I'm now sending them the Power Board and the T-Con. Let's see what they find.

Thanks for info, it would be surprise if power board found defective. Let see how it goes.