TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Trying to set up bdp 103 with satellite tv box. Is it

Customer Question
Trying to set up...

Trying to set up bdp 103 with satellite tv box. Is it possible to run satellite signal through oppo and a/v receiver

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung led6050 about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Always had oppo set up on hdmi 2 in tv, satellite to hdmi 1 trying to integrate with new receiver

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
7/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of your av receiver?

Not hooking in to a/v receiver yet trying satellite to oppo to tv

There is no benefit to running the satellite through the oppo in this situation, you would really only use this if you were using the oppo to decode surround signals and route an analog audio signal to a non digital receiver that used the ext inputs.

If you aren't using a receiver, then there is no need to use the oppo like this, just use a separate hdmi from your satellite to the tv.

Louie, Technician