TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Wanted to sign in to aquos net portal and it asked for usher…

Wanted to sign in...

Wanted to sign in to aquos net portal and it asked for usher name and password. Even though my tv is over 2 3 years old, ive never set it up so I can get the apps. Found this heading so was trying to read other walk through but I got you, lol.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your AQUOS is, and have you done any troubleshooting yet?

4 years is more like it, 4-4 1/2

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works but I have no idea what your talking about when you say inputs and sources. All I was trying to do was get the apps up so I can use them but with what we're reading it looks like sharp got rid of the ability to access the internet. .?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

We set up the wireless info under confirmation is says " the security of the target page cannot be confirmed. The server certificate has expired. Do you want to connect? " and if we say yes we get a notification that says "a connection cannot be established. A read error has occurred in TCP."

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is first time for me trying to set it up. Had tv an ll these years and never set it up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

On page notification it says, aquos net portal asks for user name and password. I never set one up. And when trying to we can't. In what we read in blogs it states sharp stopped the aquos.net portal. How much is this going to cost me?

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the TV Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

And if he tells me that sharp has discontinued the aquos net site which I already know and have stated here will I get charged?

7/17/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number from the back of the tv?

Also to be clear, this is a paid support service, it is not free help. We're all independent techs here working on our own personal time to help in good faith, so I expect to be credited for my time and expertise regardless of the outcome.

LC-70LE632U

Thank you for confirming,

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.
Thanks,

Try again
Hello? Are you trying again?
HELLO?

I tried to accept a second time as well with no change.

Nathan. I've called Amex and it's approved please call now

Thanks, you'll need to click the call request once more from your end now (sorry, I know the site can be a pain to use) and then I can accept it.

Where's the call request button?

The same one you clicked before. It should say something like Switch to Call or request call

Just says you have an unclaimed offer! Phone call then view offer which is a link that is not working

Try hitting F5 to refresh the page, or just the reload button

There's no f5 on a call phone that I know of
Cell phone*

Sorry I didn't realize you were on your cell phone and not a computer.

You should still have a refresh/reload button on your browser though.

Still nothing

I'm sorry there is nothing on my end at this point to accept either.

Shall we just continue here in the chat instead?

I thought you would be calling on the cell phone since u wanted the cell phone number. I initially started out on my mini iPad which also doesn't have f5.

You do have the "reload" button in your safari browser, the little half circle arrow at the top right of the screen, next the address bar

the call request may also be a pop up in another browser tab/window that you have to opne.

I would prefer not to but if that's the only way I save 26.00 bucks, right?

Yes it would cost less (just the chat fee) to not do the call. It is your choice, I'm happy to call if I'm able, but the system just isn't letting me do so at this point.

I've done that already. The problem is now atyour end not mine.

Okay, I'll send a written answer here then. I'm sorry for the site issues, I'm a user of the site here just like you so I have no control over the call functions and can't force it to go through.

Nathan, Installer
Phone call session started

Actually it just popped back up and went through so I can call now, please send the phone number where I may reach you.

Thank you for the call, and my apologies again for the news.

As mentioned your tv is no longer supported, which is the fault of Sharp and their lack of service and support Your best option here is adding an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv

Please note:
I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.
Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. Asking for a refund at this point has the effect of forcing me to work for free for the past hour spent trying to help you.

The only reason why the call took so long was because your site wasn't working. Asking me to pay for something that I already knew and told you before telling me is insane. Knowing your answer was going to be what I told you and "offering" (for 26.00 more) to talk in person when all you had to do in type was say yes, sharp did what you said would of been fair charge for both of us. Wouldn't of wasted your time or my time. I'm really sorry Nathan but I don't think it's fair to ask me to pay for the answer that you were confirming that I already knew.

I apologize for the site issues, those are outside either of our control. I offered at several points to give a written answer but you stated that you preferred a call.

I could ask customer service if they'd credit you back for the additional call amount if you would like.

That would be appreciative. I don't mind the first charge but the additional
I would be insane to accept. That way your not entirely screwed out of pay. I am very sorry. Tell your company to fix their site. I was ready to give up a few times then I'd hear from you again. My time has a value as well.

I understand and I"m sorry for all the site issues. I'll send a note to CS on your behalf.
Thank you and have a good night,

Nathan, Installer