TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture, 42ln5700, 5/13, worked fine this morning. turned…

42ln5700 Technician's Assistant: Does...

42ln5700

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

5/13

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Worked fine this morning. turned it off. 3 hrs later, turned it on . sound, but no picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No remote ability to do anything

7/16/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.

I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.

In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

ok

When you press Volume up/down, do you see something on the screen showing you the volume level going up/down?

no

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I did this twice. no effect.

That's not good. I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part.

Otherwise I'm very sorry to say that having it done by a local repair shop will cost more than a new 42" tv. Keep in mind, they won't tell you this, they will want to charge you $99 to come out and then hand you an estimate for more than the tv is worth. So coming here first saved you lots of time and money.

I know this is bad news but I really want you to be satisfied, so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you need something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started
okay. Thank you.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician