TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Will not turn on, mitsubishi 73" dlp. No issues in the past.

Will not turn on ...

Will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Mitsubishi 73" dlp. No issues in the past. I've replaced lamps before but now nothing happens when you press the power button

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing happens. Will not power up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since yesterday, storm came through but it was plugged into a surge protector. Everything else plugged into the same protector works fine

7/16/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set please?

Is there any lights lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

wd-73833, no lights, nothing

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set you have bypassed any surge limiter you are using and gone right to the wall, also moved the set to another socket, the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Let me know if you need more help with it

No, I'm not sure how to take the back of the set off. What would a repair like that typically cost? It's 10 years old, it may just be time for a new television? What do you think?

Yes you should consider replacing the set now DLP sets are now old technology, it could cost over $250 to repair

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Just so I'm clear, with the current situation it likely requires a repair or part of some sort correct? Or is there a potential fix I could do myself without new parts in your opinion?

Yes it needs attention ideally you need also a volt\ohm meter to check the power-board but the way it looks so far the power-board is bad with no lights on the front of the set, cost of board (if available) around $100

Is a power board replacement a DIY type thing or would I need a technician to come out? I do have a volt meter, but not sure how much of the back of the set has to come off.

You will need to be of practical mind its no good for someone who has never used a screwdriver, the lower back comes off the set ONLY and once in there checks are made with the meter to verify powerboard failure the board is then taken out of the set (once established its bad) and then a code taken from it with that code the board is ordered fro suppliers I can advise

Ok, I've done a lot of repairs, sounds like this one might be manageable. How does the process work on here. Is it the same charge until we get to the fix or is this based on time? I didn't see an explanation of that when I logged in and paid.
Hello?

Sorry I dropped my connection, its on going until conclusion no time limit

No further charges

ok, no problem. I just got the back of the TV off ad have a volt meter

So get the lower back off the set first set some time to get through this get a meter ready

That is done, the back is off and I have a meter ready

Trace power-cord to powerboard set disconnected from wallpower where the cord enters the board you should see a fuse this needs to be checked on ohs first

I have to go on calls so will resume later let me know about that check

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
ok
125v 10A fuse appears to be ok
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician