TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm trying to change my source from TV to HDM1 but the

I'm trying to change my...
I'm trying to change my source from TV to HDM1 but the cursor will not move off TV. Does this mean HDM1 isn't avail on my model? It has HDM1 n HDM2 jacks in the back of the TV. Thx
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: June 2008 model code? LN32A330J1D
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu is working. I'm trying to set up a ROKU stick
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Found user manual n indicates series 3 330 perhaps that's the model
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: The user manual indicates avail signals sources are TV AV Comp 1 Comp 2 PC HDM1 HDM2
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/16/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please begin by re-booting the TV, unplug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, then try again let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Ok

Let me know

The same issue exists. This is a TV that's on my patio n not hooked up to cable or satellite. That shouldn't make a difference tho.

Go into the settings menu and look for factory or shipping reset and try that

No settings in the menu option. This isn't a smart TV BTW. Altho user guide indicates HDM1 is a source option it is grey on the source list. In looking at other menu setting options HDM1 is grey as well so I think it may not be avail.

Just give me 5 mins with this please

OK I just had a thought, please do this with the set OFF in standby mode press INFO >>>MENU>>>MUTE>>>Power ON (within say 6 seconds) the set should come ON with multiple characters please look for the option which I think is option 13 RESET and activate that

Let me know

Not finfding a stand by mode

The set just switch it OFF with the red light lit that is standby

Nope didn't work.

Sorry once again its Standby OFF>>>MUTE>>>1>>>8>>>2>>>POWER ON let me know when you see the multiple characters

That didn't work either. Just a scrambled screen and message weak or no signal
I figured it out!!!!!!! I connected the USB adapter to the tiki stick n I got the HDM1 source that way. Woohoo. Thx for your assistance.

OK that is good news

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician