TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Toshiba 47vl800a trying to connect Bauhn soup bar via hdmi.

Can you talk me through...
Toshiba 47vl800a trying to connect Bauhn soup bar via hdmi. Can you talk me through the process
7/16/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Bauhn soup bar..." Additionally, what other devices are connector to either or both the TV and/or 'bar' and please describe how these devices are connected using what kind of cable(s).

Bauhn sound bar, only coax cable to antenna- nothing else
Sorry in Australia- +61###-##-####
Are you there?

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

With the Toshiba in TV mode, are the channels' video and audio received clearly?

And can you please re-check / confirm that the HDMI cable is connected from the TV's HDMI 1 (ARC) to the sound bar's HDMI ARC input port?

tv mode all good
Arc 1 tv to hdmi input sound bar

Bear with me as we review the basics:

• and pressed on the sound bar's SOURCE button to select HDMI (ARC)?
  • and its green status indicator flashes?
Source arc- status light solid

To my understanding, the sound bar should have its green status indicator flashing when in HDMI ARC mode.

Just cycled through the source options- soundbar- wifi and hdmi show as solid colours. Wifi is fine can run music from iPad app

Is the HDMI cable a 1.4 version?

What is regza link
To av connection only shows hdmi3 or pc

The REGZA Link technology included on Toshiba HDTVs allows you to control multiple devices using your Toshiba TV remote, as long as the devices are connected via HDMI cables. REGZA Link standard uses the HDMI ports on your TV to relay the commands from your TV's remote to connected device.

Still and as posted above; ...is the HDMI cable a 1.4 version?

NoT sure what version cable is - it is about 2 metres long

There are several versions of the HDMI cable and not all versions are capable of ARC.

Please click HERE for insight.

I have used it to show Mac screen on tv

The HDMI cable has to be at least rated for 1.4 or it would not allow ARC to function.

Okay so buy a hdmi cable from a specialist shop
What settings should I have on tv

Sorry but yes, if unsure that the current HDMI cable is 1.4, then it would be suspect.

A new HDMI 1.4 cable would then be an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

Depending on the regional version, disabling the TV Speakers in the Quick Menu activates ARC while in some others, it is always On.

Of course, the simplest would be a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable from the TV's headphone jack to the sound bar's AUX jack.

Aux jack is L/R tv is just head phone, is optical cable better?

Optical would be better BUT there is no significant advantage in this particular instance.

The sound bar is technically 2.0 channel. It is therefore stereo or 2-channels; i.e. left & right only. The headphone jack in its simplicity and "...Aux jack is L/R tv is just head phone..."would serve the 2-channel connection need.

Thanks I will go and price etc

Great!

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.

Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician