Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I recently bought a Bravia TV and when I tuned in the

Hi. I recently bought a Bravia TV and when I tuned in the channels, the channel 7 stations were not there. I then manually tuned them in and was asked if I wanted to store them. When I finished viewing , I turned off the set. The next time and every subsequent time I turn the set in, The channel 7 stations are again gone. I have to manually tune them in every time I watch TV. Please help. John
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: I am not in the same location as the TV at this time, but I think it is a 55cm 4K Bravia. It has happened since the day I bought it.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have owned the TV approx. 6 months. I have had a TV man out to look at it and he manually tuned it three times and auto tuned twice and he said it is a lemon!!
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number from the back of the tv, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not in the same location as the TV currently.

That is fine, you can get back to me here when you have a chance to get that information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK. Great.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model number is *****

Hi John, this is usually a firmware glitch or memory defect in the tv.

Please go into the sony menu and look for Initial Settings (factory reset) and choose that.
After it resets it will prompt you through the startup process again including another retune, the let me know how it works at that point.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Nathan. You are a champion!!! I did the factory reset and looks like the problem is solved. You are a genius!! Thanks so much. John

Great! Glad that did the trick for you John

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wish I had of spoken to you five months ago. It would have saved me money and a lot of heart ache!! Cheers John

You're welcome