TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I get rid of closed captions? I have tried the Menu

Customer Question
function "caption" and although I...
How do I get rid of closed captions? I have tried the Menu function "caption" and although I have selected off, the closed captions come right back after "return". Must have done it 20 times the last 2 days. HELP!! Bill
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I do not know the MN. It is 2 years old. CC was not an issue until 3 days ago.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. I can select caption,set it to off. But the CC does not go away. Thought I got it once but powered doff & on and it came back. What do I hit after I get it to "caption off" to select that mode?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 days. Nothing special that I know of.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
7/15/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of your TV? What's the brand and model of the cable box? This info is needed as right now there are no specifics posted regarding what equipment you have.

I will have to get back to you later on the Model number. It is a Samsung The cable box is an Xfinity (Comcast) DTA unit.

What remote have you been trying to use to fix the captions- the original TV remote or the cable remote?

Are you still with me here?

Okay since you're not replying I will opt out.

TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "... cable box is an Xfinity (Comcast) DTA unit..." Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Louie, Technician