crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a Sony Trinitron KV-32S42 about 15 yrs old. Just now

Customer Question

I have a Sony Trinitron KV-32S42 about 15 yrs old. Just now I'm getting rainbow halos around the screen (except for dead center. , mostly green, red and blue
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Trinitron TV model KV-32S42, maybe 15 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started 10 minutes ago. Turned TV off and on, switched channels, used DVR, no change, still there
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Offhand these symptoms occur when the TV is developing a hardware failure and generally requires repairs made for this issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still with me here??

Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

I apologize that you had to wait a long time for a response.

Please let us know if you still need help with your question and if I am not able to help you, I can send it to other experts that can help you.