Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I cannot get a sound output from my rca rlded4016a-h, I just

I cannot get a sound output from my rca rlded4016a-h
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I just received it. Its an RCA rlded4016a-h
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: All sources have the issue. Menu does work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got this tv and was setting it up for use with my xbox one three days ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: The video is fine. In fact, perfect.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No difference in any attempt

OK, do you get sound from TV internal speakers, OR any soundbar/ external speaker system is connected to TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tried a headset. Do not have a soundbar. Is that needed?

No, I was asking that info to diagnose the issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you

Please go to TV menu then Setup and select Restore Default and press OK on TV remote to restore TV to default settings, do you get sound in TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No.

OK, does volume bar/ on-screen display appear when push volume buttons on TV remote?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On the sound settings, what is the difference in the RAW and PCM? And what is AVL? Should I worry about those?

RAW and PCM setting is for digital audio out terminal on back of TV to connect external sound system/ soundbar etc and AVL means auto volume limiter to avoid high volume on commercials.

OK, it seems audio amplifier chip mounted on main board of TV isn't working due to its internal failure and causing no sound in TV speakers. I'm afraid you would need to replace main board of TV to fix the problem. Please get the part number off of main board installed in TV to search/ google to get replacement main board price info if you have plan to do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

You're welcome, I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for this trouble in TV. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.