Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Do you service Panasonic Tv's, Just a second. P4252

Customer Question

Do you service Panasonic Tv's
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Just a second . P4252 purchased approximately 2 years ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: blinking red light , no picture
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

This is Just Answer, which is a pay for information service. We do not physically service any devices but have experience in the field and can tell you what is wrong.

That said, I need to know the following:

1) Were there any storms or power outages just prior to this occurring?

2) What pattern is that blinking light giving you (for example: 7 blinks, 7 blinks, etc.)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
5 blinks
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. So this issue occurred without any catalyst- in other words, no storms, no power outages- out of the blue?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Are you there and able to proceed with this? I'm trying to provide you with accurate info which requires some back and forth communication.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm unsure why you're not able to reply, but the 5 blink code points to one of several faults in the TV (per the service manual: "A 5 blinks condition is caused by the A, C, SC, or SS board. (A>C>SC>SS)"). This generally requires repairs made to the set which are NOT cost effective on a 42" TV that can be replaced for the same price as repairs (between $300-$350 parts and labor).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.