Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Sound is on but no picture, tried the off for 10 minutes and

Sound is on but no picture, tried the off for 10 minutes and back on but the picture lasts for about 30 seconds and then goes again!!!
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 18 months
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It's a Panasonic tx48cx400b
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started yesterday, I turned it off and on again and was fine until today
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The globe with the arrow keeps appearing in the top left of the screen

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you able to see the panasonics own menu screens?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size however, replacement will usually make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,