Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a new Sharp 50" LC-50LB4810U Roku unit. the sound is

Customer Question

I have a new Sharp 50" LC-50LB4810U Roku unit. the sound is next to impossible to keep at a reasonable dB level. The spikes occur anytime there is any sort of sound effects. How the heck can I regulate this???
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hi Pearl. I have a new Sharp 50" LC-50LB4810U Roku unit. the sound is next to impossible to keep at a reasonable dB level. The spikes occur anytime there is any sort of sound effects. How the heck can I regulate this???
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes to both questions.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is a new tv and it was started last Friday.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: If there is, I am unaware of it.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 days ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
To the best of my ability, the Model is 50"LC-50LB481U, Roko. the only device connected is the cable box from Cox.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The problem may be rectified. I removed the protector tape along the edges and on the very bottom receiver(?). On a war movie, the sound is more leveled and without the up and down peaks AND NO LOUD SOUND INTENSITY. If it comes back I'll certainly contact you for help. Thank you for being there for me.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 days ago.

Excellent, glad to know you got improved sound in TV. Please try rebooting TV and cable box if problem reoccurs.

Thanks, ***** ***** time~