Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Experience:  Audio & Video Technician
98889509

We have an Hitachi 51'' rear projector tv model 46F500.

Customer Question

We have an Hitachi 51'' rear projector tv model 46F500. Recently, the image disappears while watching tv. If we turn off the tv, a few minutes (sometimes up to 1 hour) the image returns. The image can remain for many hours before loss of picture.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I believe close to 20 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Once we loose the image, it is on all inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been gradual for the past 6 months. but has become more frequent and requiring longer shut off time before the return of the image.
JA: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. But I am capable of doing the repairs if I can find the parts
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 11 days ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you today with your Tv issue. Let me try to do some research and get back to you shortly.
At first I would check the power supply board and convergence board for any cracked solder joints, which need to be resoldered. I would recommend to tap with an insulated screw driver handle on the board to find bad connections.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK thanks
Further research showed that there are no circuit boards available. Best web site would be www.shopjimmy.com
Most common issue with that TV was bad confergence ICs, but then the TV should have a convergence issue ( such as bowed colored lines)
Since that is not your case, best bet is bad solder connections.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Tv issue. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 3 days ago.
Hello, please provide me with a positive rating if you were satisfied with my answer, so I can get paid and close out the question. I would appreciate it.