Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a LG model number 32LH570B TV and I can't turn it on

Customer Question

I have a LG model number 32LH570B TV and I can't turn it on to red or blue lights. My daughter used the sleep timer the other night and ever since the tv won't turn on Any Ideas?
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: it has never happened before and I have unplugged the TV however, I haven't unplugged for hours
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: doesn't seem like anything works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: my daughter put the sleep timer on the tv and i assume she fell asleep and the tv went off
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

How long have you owned the LG set for please and are there currently any signs of life on the TV at all- or does it appear completely dead- as if it were not even plugged in?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have owned the TV for less than a year. And yes It appears dead
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay offhand no signs of life at all would indicate a premature hardware failure in the set in most cases- and generally require repairs be made to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tried it twice and still nothing happened
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

There's nothing else on a user level you can try as this directly means the TV has prematurely failed and requires repairs. This is not uncommon these days with newer flat screens and the good news is you're still under warranty. The next step is to contact LG and start a warranty repair ticket on the set I'm afraid. I can pull up that info for you now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
could you please pull up the information that I will need
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You will need to either contact the retailer where you purchased the TV, or use the link below, scroll down the page to "Repair Services" and then click and follow the on screen instructions:

http://www.lg.com/us/support

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for your help
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?