TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No picture or sound, it is only 18 months old, 15j13x, i

Customer Question
no picture or sound,...
no picture or sound, it is only 18 months old
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 15j13x
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i only use an antenna, no menu pops up, sometimes i can kind of see a faint picture
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since last night. worked fine before work, when i got home no sound or pic
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?

Can you get the model number off the back of the tv?

lc501b370u

Thanks.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on preferably with the button on the tv, not remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

nothing.

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise I can help you locate a trusted local repair shop if you provide your zip code.... Let me know how you want to proceed.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Are you going to DIY or need local repair shop?

Despite the bad news, I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

probably go buy a new one, just not a sharp
the cost to repair it is probably just as much as the tv

Cost is usually around $300 to repair. Compare that to new 50" tv. I do also recommend paying extra for the extended warranty on tv's.

It is almost time for me to ask you to rate my service. I really want you to be satisfied so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you need something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Louie, Technician