Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Usual routine----tv guide---all channels no.1 down to more

Customer Question

usual routine----tv guide---all channels no.1 down to more ch. 0---press select on 1- up comes searching for listings= please wait----- ive been waiting for twodays----ive done all the usual- ie turn everything off for 10 mins about ten times
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: panasonic--dv3---tw0 days
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive just told you what ive done for two days
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What TV service do you have, providing the channels to your TV? Antenna/broadcast? cable TV? FIOS? Comcast? satellite TV? or something else?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i think it mustbe satellite tv
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
satelline tv

OK. What satellite service is it, please? and do you have a TV box or tuner box to go with your satellite TV service?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have asky box-and a bt broadband

OK. Have you tried pulling the power cord on the Sky box, and on the BT box?

Then leave them that way for at least 5 or 10 minutes.

Then plug in just the Sky box, and wait several minutes.

Then plug in the BT box, and wait several minutes.

Then try the TV channel scan again. I hope that's all it needs to work... let me know how it goes, please, if you would.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
NOTHINGS CHANGED--STILL SEARCHINGS FOR LISTINGS

What lights show on the Sky box, please? what lights are On or Flashing on the Sky box?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
NO LIGHTS OR FLASHING APART FROM -FAR RIGHT POWER LIGHT?

Then you have a problem with your Sky service, or perhaps with the satellite antenna for Sky service. If there was a storm, for instance, the antenna may have been knocked out of alignment with the satellite it should be pointed at.

Contact Sky perhaps, about this? in case it's the broadband kind of Sky service rather than the antenna-based type... is that what the BT router is for? if so, what does the BT router show on its lights?

Contact info for Sky TV is here:

https://contactus.sky.com/uk

Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 days ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond. And I will help you further.)

Thanks.