littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have a Pioneer KRP500. I have got the pop-up error code

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer KRP500. I have got the pop-up error code CEC100 and a message saying This unit can't operate. Check the connections. This happened suddenly. I have not connected a new unit. The pop-up windows coming up every 5 second and is up for 2-3 seconds. I can remove it temporary with the exit button on the remote, but it's back 5 seconds later. I can not do anything in the menu because the pop-up window close the the menu everytime it pop up.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's the last plasma model, KRP-500. It's the same as LX 5090 but KRP-500 has a separate tv tuner). It is from 2008-2009.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The same problem with all sources. TV menu work, but I don't get any time to do anything in the menu because whenever the pop-up menu (with the error code) is showing (every 5 second) the menu window shuts down.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just turned on the TV and there it was...
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not what I think of
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

Do you still need help with this?
Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the problem, please rate 3-5 stars. If the below doesn't fix the problem, please reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible. Rating negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one from me if your problem is already solved. This is the initial stage of troubleshooting your device. Please reply when you get this, with your findings of these first troubleshooting tips, to initiate live chat.

For battery operated electronics:
Disconnect from the charger, and remove the battery for one full minute. If you cannot remove the battery, turn the device off, then back on.

For plug in electronics:
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute. Make sure the software/firmware is up to date by going into your setup menu, and check for updates.

For car and marine electronics:
Remove the in line fuse to cut power to the unit. For car, you may need the pin to get your electronics running again. For Marine, if you want two brands to work together, they must have NMEI ports. If not, let me know both of the model numbers and I'll check compatibility.

Treadmills:
Unplug the treadmill for one minute. Check all of the wiring, and make sure the belt is not too tight. It should lift 3-4 inches off of the deck, and not slip when you walk on it.

I look forward to viewing your reply.

Sincerely,
Rusty the Tech
_________________________________________________________
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi,Your answer is a general advice for all types of electrical devices. I unplugged both the TV set and the units connected to the TV before I asked my question, several times actually. I have succeeded to resolve the problem after my question though. The fault was a HDMI switch. When I took that part away, everything works ok. I would like to have a refund.Regards
Mats
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi,As I said three days ago, I would like to have my deposit back. Looking forward a quick answer.Regards
Mats