TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I can not connect my TV to the internet. If I try to get the

Customer Question
I can not connect my...
I can not connect my Phillips TV to the internet. If I try to get the Netflix it gives me a message that the LAN feature is invalid. And to check network connection.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me check, stand by
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can get internet in all my other equipment. My TV was manufactured in July 2011 and the model no is 55PFL5706/F7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have never tried to use this feature before and now I am trying to install Netflix.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
7/13/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The LAN feature message you're getting on the TV has to do with either the TV not being connected via an ethernet cable to your router/modem, or a wireless LAN adapter not being installed in the TV. The TV does not have the ability to connect using Wi Fi without a wireless LAN adapter plugged into it- and otherwise would need a hard wired ethernet cable connected to it. So do you have either of these in place on the TV right now?

I do not have a LAM adapter. I guess I could buy one and installed. I saw in the back of the TV where it plugs in.

Thanks for the reply. The only way to get this TV connected to the internet is using the Wireless LAN USB adapter, or by using a hard-wired ethernet cable that connects to your router. The wireless LAN adapter for your set is available at the link below for purchase ($15):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-uwlusbazw001-wireless-lan-adaptor.htm

From there you would follow the instructions outlined on page 41 of the manual at the link below to connect to the internet:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/5/55pfl5706_f7/55pfl5706_f7_dfu_aen.pdf

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician