Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We have a Panasonic tv with viera system, when we make the

Customer Question

we have a Panasonic tv with viera system, when we make the connection test the system will go thru the first 4 of the items ok. The check communication with viera connection server the system will have a red light, What do I need to do to correct this matter.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As an initial step, please go into the settings menu under network then to manual settings and change the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and let me know if that works for you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Nathan, I did what you told me to do, it did not help,
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Please go into the menu again and check what it shows as the current firmware version

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can not find current firmware version
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

In the main menu, select “Setup”. Highlight “Network Settings” and press OK. Select “Software Update”. The current version will be shown, such as 2.22 for example.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done this and it is 2.22 it was done before I got in touch with you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I'm simply checking to make sure you have the latest version, though even this one is extremely out of date (2012).

The one remaining thing you could try here is routing an ethernet connection from the tv directly to your modem (bypassing the router and any other switches/devices) to test that way.

If that doesn't work, which honestly I do not expect it will, it is a compatibility issue at this point. All support for this model tv was discontinued long ago, and as they continue to update the panasonic proxy servers that all content is routed through, the older model tvs simply stop working for their smart apps. Most apps for this set have been completely dropped at this point already, for example youtube and amazon will not work on it at all, even if you do get the connection up and running, you may get netflix at best.

Ultimately your best option here, short of replacing the tv, is to forego the internal apps and connect an external streaming device instead such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost and much better long term support.

My apologies for the news,