Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My lg remote suddenly stopped working. The buttons at the

Customer Question

my lg remote suddenly stopped working. The buttons at the bottom will work the TV but none of the Blu ray buttone will operate the dvd player. I have tried resetting etc but no luck
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Not before no but I can try unplugging the dvd player for a while.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV buttons work ok, but I have a magic remote for that so not necessary for the tv. It's only the dvd player that will not respond. The remote came with the dvd player.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Couple of days ago, all working fine. Watched a film on Netflix and then nothing, could not switch the player on or off with remote
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I'm going to try unplugging the player first then get back if still not working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear that. In this case, it doesn't sound like a remote failure yet.

Do you have the original remote that came with your DVD player?

And did this happen after any power interruption or storm?

Thank you

Tech Michael