Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a LG, LED, 1080P,120HZ, MODEL#42LN5400. THERE IS NO

Customer Question

I have a LG, LED, 1080P,120HZ, MODEL#42LN5400. THERE IS NO PICTURE OR SOUND. THIS WAS A DISPLAY UNIT WHEN I BOUGHT IT IN 2013 SO I HAVE NO TROUBLESHOOTING/INSTRUCTION INFO. IS SOMETHING I CAN TRY TO FIX THIS MYSELF? THE TV IS ON A WALL MOUNT.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: NO HAS NOT HAPPENED BEFORE. IT HAS BEEN OFF (NOT UNPLUGGED) OVER NIGHT ABOUT 6 HOURS.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NO CANNOT SEE THE TV MENU. THIS TV IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE INPUTS.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: THIS JUST HAPPENED OVERNIGHT. I TURNED IT ON THIS MORNING AND THERE WAS NO PICTURE OR SOUND. I HAVE NOTICED A DARKER SPOT IN THE PICTURE FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: NO NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF AT THE MOMENT.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

So the power-light in the front of the set is it lit as though the set is ON?

If so can you see any visible light at all on the display?even in a dark room any feint light

Any pop up requests you may see are generated by the site not me, one may be for a phone call, I am not available by phone myself today however if you chose this option it will go to the phone team to be assessed and you may receive a call, I am only in the chat mode today (texting here)