TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 50'' Samsung TV, model code: UN50EH5300FXZA is working

Customer Question
My 50'' Samsung TV...
My 50'' Samsung TV , model code: UN50EH5300FXZA is working fine except there's no picture. This happened just a week ago. The picture does returns intermittently. Now it doesn't seem to return at all...just perfect audio and a blue screen... no picture at all.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: No...
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
7/13/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted ?

None except powering on the TV as usual.

A blue screen would indicate 'video muting'; i.e. the TV does not sense a usable video signal fed to it.

Is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box or even a sattelite receiver?

If the latter, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Have you checked / replaced these cable(s) ?

No i'm a handicapped Vetnam vet and can't afford that $26.00 dollar fee just to talk to you only. i might need it to pay to get my TV repaired. Let's stick with email or texting.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

As posted above:

• Is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
  • ...or is there a cable box or even a sattelite receiver?
  • If the latter, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
  • if so, have you checked / replaced these cable(s) ?
I have an antenna and it works beautifully.

IF the TV is directly connected to an antenna but there is only sound with blue screen, THEN the TV has an (internal) hardware issue aprticularly with the tuner circuitry.

Would the MENU and VOLUME level still display correctly?

I can't see the menu, but the volume works very well...with or without the picture

Based on the above, the most likely suspect would be the main board.

Depending on the version, it would be Part Number BN94-07162W, BN97-06298Z or BN94-06882C or some other. Rule of thumb is to order/replace only with an identically numbered board.

Please click HERE. This would give you an idea of the cost of refurbished, used and/or pull-out replacement boards.

A more reliable source (depending on availability) would be ShopJimmy HERE.

Based on the prices of the suspected faulty board, then repairs would seem economically reasonable.

It may be the service fee that would be of a concern depending on the going rate in your location.

...thus would information on independent repair shops serve your need?

Not unless you are considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Ok...

Please click HERE to inquire/request for quotes on their service fees.
Select your state/location.
And/or key in your Zip Code.
Then click on the Submit button.

How much to repair it and what's the cost of the main boards you mentioned? Do you repair in home? What's the cost of an in home repair as compared to in shop repair?

Board prices differ among online sellers. Please click / tap HERE.

Repair / service fee also varies among these shops. Click / tap HERE to inquire.

Cost of on-site/home repair would be more compared to in-shop.

No i'm definitely not a do it yourself person at all. I need an expert like you to repair my TV.

Please see above / earlier replies.

Thanks

You can't give me a ball park idea of the cost factor at all...?

Board price 30 ~ 55 USD.

in-shop Service Fee 150 ~ 250 USD

...compared to new TVs starts at around 500 USD.

Louie, Technician