TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

WE have a Samsung Plasma tv, all was working fine, all of a…

WE have a Samsung...

WE have a Samsung Plasma tv, all was working fine, all of a sudden we wen to turn it on last night and it keeps saying no signal, but he screen works fine because we cans till watch DVD's. I cannot seem to access the D Menu, when i press it on the remote it says its unavailable so I cannot even tune the channels.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I cannot even access the settings to do a factory reset. Can you help??

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes i can get to the yes i can access tv menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Only last night, Satruday night we were watching tV all was fine. We turned it off befoer we went to bed, last night we turned the tv on to find all channles were gone and juts a message saying no signal

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?

No not that i can think of, tv was working fine

7/3/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

ok thank you :-)

Please do this first>>

Please reboot any satellite or cable box you may be using by un-plugging the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again do the same with the TV at the same time, let everything boot back up (usually 3 to 5 mins) then let me know if anything changes please or not

Anthony

I tried that last night, I turned the antenna off as well as the TV pull them both out of the outlet and left it that way all night and all day today, tonight there was not change.

OK we now need to explore if maybe you have the set in the wrong INPUT mode so please pick up the TV remote and look for the INPUT or SOURCE button or it may be termed AV or EXT or HDMI and keep pressing this button until the satellite\cable box comes through

I have a source button on my remote, when i press it i juts get a black screen with AV1, if i keep pressing it there is no change. AV1 is the channel i use when we want to watch a DVD, that works fine.

Are you watching via an antenna?

The D menu is for an antenna

just digital TV via the antenna. I tried the antenna on another tv in another room, that works fine.

OK you need to get the set into TV mode to access the D menu, try a retune via the D menu and let me know what happens, so in that INPUT menu you was bringing up look for TV

When i press the D Menu it pops up saying 'Not Available'. The D menu is what i use to use to access the channel tuning

You cant access the D menu in any other mode except antenna mode which is usually TV, yes but you need to get the set INTO tv mode first

So press the INPUT or SOURCE button until you are in TV mode

THEN access d menu

When i put it to TV mode i get a static screen then when i press D Menu it pops up ' not availavle'. Am i able to do a reset to factory settings???? maybe??

Yes you can do that look for this in the settings menu and factory default or shipping reset the TV

How do i get to the settings menu

It looks like the method I said is putting the set into analogue mode, no problem maybe you do have a problem with the digital tuner, to get into the factory default go into the settings menu so menu settings menu or tools

If you have trouble send me the model number of the set found on the back of the set and I will look myself I will need 5 mins or so

ok model " PS-42Q7HD
Model code: PS42Q7HDX/XSA
Type No: AD42P7

Is there a DIGITAL TV mode in the INPUT menu??it says you have to be in this mode BEFORE accessing the d MENU?NO RESET except when IN D menu

So you have TV mode (which is analogue and redundant) is there a DIGITAL tv mode

i can select the Digital TV mode but when i select it, to goes back to black screen and again when i press DMenu it says ' not available'

You have a problem here.......its likely to be bad firmware, there is no firmware available for this model so the main-board will need to be replaced in the set this houses the digital electronics for the set, the other way around this and the easiest way is to get a set-top-box from your local supermarket or electronics store, these are cheap boxes (or expensive depends if you want recording features)and connect this to one of the INPUTs on the set ?

Main-board will cost around $100

Set-top-box $40

Ok I will get a set-top-box tomorrow and give it a go. Thank you for your help Anthony :-)
Gabriela

Sorry its nothing easier, in many respects getting a set-top-box will improve the set

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Absolutely thank you very much :-)