TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 50" plasma smart TV approx. 3-4years old. Last

I have a 50"...

I have a 50" plasma smart TV approx. 3-4years old. Last night while watching it switch itself off and the red on/off light keeps flashing red. I have turned it off at the wall for a period with no change when turned back on. Do you think it can be fixed or isit a throw away?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Panasonic 50" plasma P50UT50A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just last night approx. 10pm

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if it should simply be replace or fixed. I will need to buy a new one today.

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you can see my reply ?

hello

Hi

Model number here would be TC-P50UT50 or TH-P50UT50A , could you please verify that ?

By the way, please note that I do not send any offers myself(phone or otherwise) , they are automated by the website

2nd one ending with the A

O.k then and while the light blinks at the front , it should be giving an error code , for example 7 blinks/pause/7 blinks and so on

Could you please give me the count ?

8 flashes then a break and then another 8 flashes

O.k then this is one of the easy error code but it still will need parts , namely the SS (x-sustain) board .

Let me take a look but i can tell you that parts are difficult to find on your side of the ocean

Be back shortly

ok

The model TC-P50UT50 would be the equivalent to your TH....... and the SS board part # TXNSS1SDUU (TNPA5623)

This board sells for some $130 and although there is a kit to repair this board at $30 , but you would have to be well equipped and very handy with solder equipment , these are double sided boards , not the easiest to work on .

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

Thanks for your help, I will organise

Not sure how much are the new tv`s in Australia but now you can get a new 50" tv for around $400

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician