TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung 55" led tv model UN55H6300AF and when i

i have a samsung 55"...
i have a samsung 55" led tv model UN55H6300AF and when i turn it on the screen is distorted with green lines and it shows the smart tv logo as if it keeps rebooting.
6/25/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are these vertical or horizontal lines?

Thanks for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a main/control board at minimum, though there are many possible failure points including the lcd panel (based on the lines) This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. If it is the panel however, that is not possible to fix.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer