TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 52 inch plasma went blank and the power light on the

Customer Question
front of the TV just...
My 52 inch plasma went blank and the power light on the front of the TV just blinks. I unplugged the TV and left it off for about 30 seconds, after plugging in the TV the power light just continued to blink. What can I do to make it work?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the plasma television's exact make and model?
Customer: Panasonic TC-50PS14
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, just a black screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: While watching TV last night the screen went black and the power indicater light started to blink.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: That's about all I know.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
6/17/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?

in another room

Ok, generally we recommend unplugging the tv for at least 3-5 minutes. 30 seconds is not long enough to drain the residual power. Can you try 3 minutes now and let me know what happens?

Have you had a chance to try what I suggested yet?

Louie, Technician