Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Seems my remote controls on various TV's aren't working

Customer Question

Good afternoon. Seems my remote controls on various TV's aren't working 100%. Mainly can't operate the "my DVR" on 2 sets. I switched the remotes and nothing improved.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Both are Sharp TV,s and the Comcast remotes have a Scientific Atlanta label on the back
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just a couple of days, and I have switched remotes, removed batteries, and tried the remote from a third set. The My DVR worked with that unit but not the All On control. Only turned on the Comcast unit not the TV.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Just to clarify, both Sharp TVs aren't working, is this correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** don't need your help anymore. My nephew is on the way to fix it. Thanks again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Sounds good, have nice time~