Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sharp Aquos 60 and it is strobing.. there is

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos 60 and it is strobing.. there is picture and sound but its strobing kinda of greenish.. I've unplugged it and did the factory reset but to no help...
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
- Any idea how old is the TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just the cable box and I moved it away.. The TV is 2014 Sharp Aquos
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, lets try an easy this first that might work..

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The TV is 2016 Sharp Aquos.. found the paper work.. I've had it since August of last year.. I've unplugged everything, waited for ten minutes, turned it on and still the greenish strobing
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, this test also confirmed it is failing backlight problem in TV which is causing strobe effect/ flicker. I'm sorry for this news, backlight LEDs inside screen is failing that is why inverter section on power supply board goes Off and back On that you see as strobe effect. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. Usually Sharp TV comes with 12 months manufacturer warranty so please call on number written on warranty card that came with the TV to get it repaired/ replaced under warranty.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is the inside screen that is failing?? Can that be repaired by technicians in my town, without returning it to the seller?? I bought online..
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Yes, though an experienced TV tech will do this kind of work. You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective LED strips replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?