Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Can't get sound....TV goes off on it's own, about 3 years

Customer Question

Can't get sound....TV goes off on it's own
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I don't think so. I was watching Netflix earlier and when I switched back to HDMI 1 I couldn't get any sound. When I contacted Spectrum they said it wasn't the cable box
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue for about two weeks. The TV is working perfectly, then it just shuts off on it's own. Also it takes a long time to go on. The TV man said all Visios are that way!
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: About 2 weeks ago the TV tech gave me a new remote.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think it says 39Tesla...can' see it very well. But the brochure says E320VA/ E321VA/E370VA/ E420VA
Just installed a fire stick today BUT have been having this problem for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it works fine and then it doesn't!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, do you get sound problem regardless of what video input source is being watched?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I DO NOT WANT TO PAY!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE INTRODUCTION!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want the free trial
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you're seeing on your screen, however, phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please contact customer service via help link on main page for free trail info, I'm just a TV tech and site user like you and have no insight in free trail/ promo offers etc.

Please reply back when satisfied and we will continue troubleshooting TV problem.

Thanks.