Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Having problems watching my Blue Ray discs on my Visio Blue

Customer Question

Having problems watching my Blue Ray discs on my Visio Blue Ray player. The unit appears to not read the disc at all. It keeps givimg a message that ther unit does not have a disc in it? Very annoyed!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I will have to go look, might take a few minutes.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For a short while, however, now that I try to play my new Blue Ray disc it keeps coming up error
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: The system plays all the other disc fine!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

What model Vizio is it? Also how long have you owned it for?

You mentioned it not reading Blu Ray discs, then you said "The system plays all the other discs fine!".

That's confusing. What discs is it not reading and what discs will it read?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is not reading my new Blue ray disc, and then I tried an older Blue ray disc and it is not reading either one?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not if I have to pay another 26.00
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just paid 23.00?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?
If so, please provide me with the model number of your bluray player.

In the meantime, the fee you paid is for the chat. A call is available as well, but that is an additional service fee and is optional. If you don't want that, just ignore the popup.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.