Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Tv was in and working, then went fuzzy and then black. Have

Customer Question

Tv was in and working, then went fuzzy and then black. Have unplugged and plugged it. Everything else comes on ...and TV is on, but no picture, just black screen
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Panasonic TCP50S30 plasma purchased in 2011 (I'm looking at the receipt!)
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am using a harmony universal remote....all other devices working (audio etc). I can hear, change channels etc but black screen. I tried menu and I'm betting it went to menu, but screen is black so who knows?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We were watching recorded tv show on PVR. Show started to go wonky (fuzzy) then screen just went black. We still had audio
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.