Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Experience:  Audio & Video Technician
98889509

Can I set "sleep" on my new TVs? Samsung, 2016/17, new

Customer Question

Can I set "sleep" on my new TVs?
JA: Who makes your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung, 2016/17, new purchases
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung TV?
Customer: I've looked all over but see nothing that seems to be a sleep setting location. So, I need to turn off the TV before I go to sleep or when the TV noise wakes me up.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just a moment, please All TVs on hung on the wall. One is still in the unopened box. it is 32" Class 5500. Hope that helps
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please get the complete model number off of TV or its box that you are looking for sleep function.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The TVs are part of a sound system being installed by a company that tells me there is no feature for "sleep". I don't want to open the box and possibly affect the warranty of their work. Since you are a Sony expert, perhaps I should work directly with Samsung?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, no problem, I'm opting out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further.

Thanks.

Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 1 month ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you today with your Samsung TV question.
Unfortunately the new Samsung 32-inch TVs do not have sleep timer. Most TVs nowadays start with sleep timer at 42 inch size.
I know Sony Tvs have that function.
Here are some Tvs with sleep timer
28" Tv Samsung UN28H4500AFXZA
40" Tv Samsung UN40H5003AFXZA
32" Tv Insignia NS-32D311NA17
32" Tv Insignia NS-32DR310NA17
43" Tv Sharp LC-43LB481U
I'm attaching a link with the most popular Tvs with sleep timer and prices. Hope it helps you to pick the right one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/tv-with-sleep-timer

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Sleep timer question. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.