TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I find the hdmi. 57f500. Menu works. We had a storm

Customer Question
How do I find the...
How do I find the hdmi
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: 57f500
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We had a storm and when I came home it was flashing stero ant a1
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. I have direct tv and all other Tv work
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
6/16/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Are you asking how to find the physical HDMI jack on the TV itself, or how to select "HDMI"? Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Locate it with the remote for the tv
No

Do you have the original TV remote nearby- or just the DirecTv remote?

Original

Okay, please give me a moment.

The Vid 1, 2, 3, and 4 buttons on the lower part of the Hitachi remote are what change the Inputs. Are you able to access all of those?

Also this TV does not have an HDMI jack. It has a DVI (which is the only digital input), that is Input 1, or Vid 1. So are you 100% certain that is where your satellite box is plugged into- can you check?

everything is hooked right. We had a storm and when I got home it was blinking stero ant a
I have tried channel 3&4 and still nothing. Just snow

I'm not asking if it's hooked up right. Your question was how to select HDMI and your TV does not have HDMI.

Ok so it's on 1080i so what's next

You don't use the channel buttons. I told you that the Vid 1-4 buttons are what change the Input. Since your TV does not have HDMI I'm asking which specific input the satellite box plugs into so I can tell you how to access it?

The answer lies in the details. Look at the back of your TV where the satellite box plugs into and read me that label on the back of the TV and I can tell you how to get there.

Ant b input 3

Input 3 is not Ant B, so I have no idea what you're saying. I will opt out.

TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 5 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , I`m Jack , different tech. here , Aric had to step out

This is quite simple really just go through all the inputs you have on the remote and one of them will be your cable box .

That is IF that cable box is still working and/or the tv`s input was not affected by the storm , i mean its not because the other tv`s are working that this older model may not have been affected

Make sure the cable box is turned on and try all the tv`s inputs one after the other

Meant direct tv box

I will give you a couple of things to try

If none of the inputs give you a signal then either your direct tv box got hit by that storm and is defective or that particular input where the box is connected went defective so here is what you can try ;

First , you said that the other tv`s were working so try that direct tv on another working tv to see if it is functional and if it is then go back to the hitachi and connect it in a different input than the one it was in before (note the input number too) and set your tv to that input number , if it works then great .

If the direct tv box does not work on another tv then have it replaced

If it turns out to be the tv and none of its input work then i`m afraid that for this tv it would be a death sentence , no parts or main board available for this any longer

So basically to resume this , you want to find out if the tv or direct tv box is at fault after trying all the inputs on the tv and again the way to test that box is to try it on another tv

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician