Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

LG Plasma, turns on and runs, no picture or lights but has

LG Plasma, turns on and runs, no picture or lights but has sound. Replaced sustain board on right hand side. Sustain board on left hand side runs off of the right hand side sustain, no seperate harness to power supply. Same behavior after part was replaced.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Hi Ed - Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lg 50pn4500
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the other one I have on the table now http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/e11f750578904ecd8c643bb94f6edde7?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&paymentType=Unknown so we can work on old one at the same time that one is at the end of the diagnosis

Thanks, I'll work on LG question and find out Sanyo question as well but I need to go offline for couple of hours, is that OK?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem do your thing, if I miss ya I can pick it up again in 20 hours from now....I will be working on tv's for 8 hours straight, starting 20 hours from now

Do you get +VS and 17V on ZSUS board when turn On TV power?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Checking now, also replaced x main and same result on one of our others, I'll send you that link. Are you going to be on for a little while and we can work on some stuff?

Hi Ed,

Please provide me the link and I'm now online for next few hours.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im going to take those readings now....i'll be continuing to work on them all day. Yiu gonna be on for a while?

Hello Ed,

I'm online now and available.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Just rated this one...replaced main, tcon, and cables...so I'm guessing this one is the panel. Do you know how to use an oscilloscope to check video output from main and video output from tcon?And can we please go back to this question now, i need you to reply to it so i can give you the board number. http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/78ce364eebf54ef98d1fa331e65b8668?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&pay

You wont get regular waveform of video output on t-con and main board but a few pulses on each pin of LVDS cable, I'm unable to locate sample waveform for it, however, you can have an idea by connecting oscilloscope on a working LCD TV.

Other LG question isn't accessible, please initiate fresh question for that TV.

I hope now the rating to this question will work.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
K, we'll figure that out later. I posted a new question to you, hope you can pick it up before anyone else does.