TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Can't change tv in RV to AV mode to watch DVD with samsung

Customer Question
remote JA: What is the model...
Can't change tv in RV to AV mode to watch DVD with samsung remote
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: Not sure, on wall of RV
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: Mode, backlight, contrast, bright, sharge, color, tint, antenna, auto program, channel list, channel mode
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: DVD was on but not playing until I pushed play but remote would connect for DVD and did make it play, fast forward or rewind But picture is gone now
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
6/15/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?
Can you tell me exactly where on the back of the tv the dvd is connected (what ports/connections)?

I should t have signed up for this. Tv in RV on the wall. Don't know model number and dvd is with cd and radio combo, no name on it. Think its rv brand. Not much to go on
Can you cancel this, I didn't get any advice yet
Too complicated, please cancel

I have no ability to cancel anything, we're all independent techs here.

RV companies don't make tvs, there will be a model on there, and the wall mount bracket should tip or rotate out enough for you to see it.

Nope, it has to be taken all the way off. Leaving in the morning for a trip, no tv this trip

If it doesn't tilt, it should be able to lift straight up and off the mount, there may be a release cord at the bottom of the tv to pull.

In the meantime without it, take the tv remote, and press teh INPUT or SOURCE button on it. if you don't see that, look for the same button on the side of the tv itself, press that, repeatedly, to cycle through the different options, the dvd should be on hdmi, composite, or component typically.

Louie, Technician