Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Television displays message RDK-1000. I've unplugged DVR and

Customer Question

Television displays message RDK-1000. I've unplugged DVR and checked cable connection but still message is something is wrong, TV was working fine 2 hrs ago.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I'll have to go upstairs to look, make is Vizio, I don't see a model number
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: one hour. unplugged TV, unplugged box, checked all connections. Downstairs tv is working fine
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I unplugged TV and Cable box for ten minutes, message comes back that something is not right-RDK 10000
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it is definitely Xfinity DVR box internal issue which isn't getting signals for some reason or has become unable to process the signals due to internal failure, TV itself is just fine. Please call your cable service company and ask them to check the signals at your end or replace the DVR box to resolve the problem.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought I was contacting my Cable Company, who are you working for?
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

This is JustAnswer.com, a question/ answer forum/ website to provide info about issues with TV and other electronics stuff.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How much did this cost me?
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure about it as I have no insight on account/ billing matters, however, it seems you have paid $24 to website for this question.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can I appeal this charge?
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Sure, you can do ti any time. Please contact customer service at following link/ number for billing matters..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####/p>

But please do not hit me with negative rating as it will damage my score on website. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.