Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi WD 73727. The light tunnel is out of

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WD 73727. The light tunnel is out of adjustment. I have a shadow across the top of the screen. I've looked at two videos on YouTube for adjusting this. The two presenters contradict each other. I'm wondering which adjustment screw I should use, either the one that is on the side or the one that is on the bottom of the optical engine. In one video the presenter states that the adjustment screw it is on the side and in the other video of the presenters dates of your adjustment screws on the bottom. In one video the presenter states that the adjustment screw it is on the side and in the other video of the presenters dates of your adjustment screws on the bottom.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2005 Mitsubishi WD73727
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Mitsubishi WD73727
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It looks like my whole original message did not go through. I just need to know which of the screws to adjust to remove the shadow.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It's a persistent shadow across the top of the screen. I can see your video through it. It's clearly the light tunnel
Category: TV
Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize that you had to wait a long time for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?