Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The TV sound went out in my Brava 65 inch HD TV - it is no

Customer Question

the TV sound went out in my Brava 65 inch HD TV - it is no the mute function or SAP
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: Sony Brava - no issues with sound before
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about two hours- rebooted from Grande - did not help
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes - I am not a whiz with electronics
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Please reply here and do not post duplicate question for the same issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is on a Grande cable network - no other devices are hooked up - model number XBR - 65X8500 - I do not have problem with other tvs in the house on Grande
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, it could be cable box internal issue causing no sound output, lets try easy thing first..

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have rebooted - no change
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, can you connect another video source to TV such as DVD player as a test to see if your get sound from TV internal speakers?